Pancake Saturday looked a little like this....I started my morning off with a big ol cup of Coffeecocoa.
My Banana Nut Bread pancakes!!!
OMG SO GOOD. I am trying to eat here as much as humanly possible before I move to Orlando. Even though I'm going to go through some serious withdrawals from my favorite restaurants in Ohio - I'm very excited to gain new favorite restaurants in Florida!! Don't you just love discovering food? We all know I know I sure do!
Guess who has two new recipes for you!!
JONI MITCHELL – RIVER
"Did something you ate make you sick this year? If so, you had plenty of company. Researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published new estimates of the toll foodborne illnesses take on Americans and the upshot is that 1 in 6 of us get hit by a bug from some sort of food in any given year. The final tally of people made ill by food, which the public health gurus say is the most detailed since a 1999 estimate, looks like this:
48 million sickened
Figuring out how many people get sick from food is pretty tricky, as it turns out. Most illnesses aren't reported to public health authorities, so there's a fair amount of educated guesswork involved.
Among the 9.4 million or so annual illnesses that can be pinned on particular bugs, the top offenders are norovirus (58 percent), salmonella (11 percent) and Clostridium perfringens, (10 percent), according to one of the papers published in Emerging Infectious Diseases. Salmonella, for what it's worth, is the No. 1 known cause of hospitalizations and deaths, which helps explain why the contaminated egg recalls this year were such a big deal."
Want to read more?
STREETS & SPORTS: A TRINIDAD TEEN
“A look at some of the choices being made by teenagers growing up in the toughest parts of Trinidad and Tobago”
(2) CASSIUS – I LOVE YOU SO
(3) CASA FEZ – PORTUGAL
"We have all seen more than enough of the stacked-boxes genre of architecture. Boring, cold, uninviting, uninhabitable and so last decade. Yet, once in a while, a set of images crosses our desks of a project that could potentially fall into the has-been category but doesn’t, and instead makes us look again and ponder the beauty of great architecture.
From some angles, we see glimpses of Tomorrowland, but we are willing to overlook that because from so many other viewpoints, the statuesque poise of the structure and the stark clarity of lines brings back memories of Alvar Aalto."
Want to read more?
[[Today’s food clip]]
(1) STUPIDLY SIMPLE SNACKS – DEVILED EGGS
(2) FOOD WISHES – LAMB MOUSSAKA BURGER RECIPE
(3) KEEPING AFLOAT WITH PE & DD SEAFOOD: WHY SUPPORTING SMALL, LOCAL COMMERCIAL FISHERMAN IS IMPORTANT
- After you give this a good mix - add powdered sugar and mix together until the batter begins to form a ball...
- Test out the batter and see if you can easily roll the dough into a small 1 inch round (about a tbs) sized ball. If you are having difficulty, or if the batter is sticking to your hands ADD MORE POWDERED SUGAR!!
- Once the mixture is at its "easily rollable" state - form the entire mixture into small balls and place on a wax lined 9x13 inch pan (any pan will do, as long as it'll fit in your freezer)
- Freeze the peanut butter balls for about an hour. This freezing period is very important. If you fail to dip the balls while they're frozen, you will have A LOT of trouble. Trust me. Unthawed balls are just undippable.
Then sign up to be a featured curly head!
- Your: Name, Location, Occupation
Don’t be shy J Go right ahead and apply!