“Honeybees have had a rough past few years. Bees are dying due to colony collapse disorder, and now Food Safety News reports that one third or more of "all the honey consumed in the U.S. is likely to have been smuggled in from China and may be tainted with illegal antibiotics and heavy metals."
The article explains:
Experts interviewed by Food Safety News say some of the largest and most long-established U.S. honey packers are knowingly buying mislabeled, transshipped or possibly altered honey so they can sell it cheaper than those companies who demand safety, quality and rigorously inspected honey.
The U.S. consumes about 400 million pounds of honey a year -- about 1.3 pounds per person -- but it can supply less than half of the demand from domestic sources. Tainted honey has been an issue for many years and Chinese importers have "found a way around stiff tariffs" to continue honey laundering.
It's a, dare we say, sticky situation, that makes the whole Food Safety News article worth a read. So how do you know what honey you should be buying? This is one of those times that buying local, organic honey might be worth the extra pennies.”
I had a lot of time to myself today to just sit on my bed and look at the wonderful randomness the internet provides. This is just a small glimpse into my random internet marathon today......
(1) THIS SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE SOMETHING I WOULD SAY.
With a smile and great sarcasm of course.
(2) NOW I WANT CHEESE AND BACON
(3) THIS RAFT IS AMAZING
I want to buy a pool just so I can put something like this in it.
(4) THERES ONLY ONE THING THAT COMES TO MIND......
Bow chicka wow wowwwwwwww!!!!
.......someone had to say it lol.
(5) BRB WHILE I TRY TO RECREATE THIS.......
(6) FOOD NETWORK'S SANDRA LEE - OUT TAKES
Dear Sandra Lee: I'd like your show a lot better if you acted like your true potty mouth self <3 Jenna
(7) THIS HEAD PIECE IS BEYOND BEAUTIFUL....
(8) THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS
(9) HOW VERY CLEVER!
(10) I WILL FOREVER AND ALWAYS BE COMPLETELY AND MADLY IN LOVE WITH FRED ASTAIRE
I was born in the wrong era.
(11) STREET ART
[[Today’s food clip]]
(1) THE BEST PANCAKES – OLD FASHIONED PANCAKE
(2) THE OSTRICH NEXT – EPIC MEAL TIME
(3) GREAT DEPRESSION COOKING – EGGPLANT PARMESAN
Then sign up to be a featured curly head!
- Your: Name, Location, Occupation
Don’t be shy J Go right ahead and apply!