I recently stumbled upon a wonderful website called “High Existence”......
that has an incredible “50 life secrets and tips” list. I spent quite a long time reading this list yesterday, and it really hit home for me. Perhaps you don't care for this type of thing - if so then you can move along - but if you're interested (which I hope you are) I’ve outlined the 50 tips below. If you’d like to read their full explanations just click
I find this list to be extremely important….
1. Memorize something everyday.
2. Constantly try to reduce your attachment to possessions
3. Develop an endless curiosity about his world
4. Remember peoples names
5. Get fit!
6. Learn and Focus on the present.
7. Even more specifically, live in THIS moment.
8. Smile more often.
9. Drink Water.
10. Don’t take life so seriously!
11. Think positive thoughts.
12. Read books.
13. Get in the sun.
14. Help others.
15. Set aside a specific time to worry each day.
16. Be honest at all times.
17. Sleep less.
18. Read “Bringers of Light” and “Conversations with God” by Neale Donald Walsch.
19. Figure out what your goals and dreams are.
20. Start your day off right
21. Utilize ‘The Burning Method.’
23. The Rubber Band method
24. Learn to be unaffected by the words of others
25. Read “Zen and the Art of Happiness” by Chris Prentiss
26. Develop the ability to forgive.
27. Be the person that makes others feel special.
28. Learn to lucid dream.
29. Visualize daily.
30. Meditate everyday for at least 20 minutes.
31. Learn to control your mind.
32. Learn to control your emotions.
33. Take a class in speed reading.
35. Work on making good first impressions
36. Learn to use your eyes to their full potential
37. Be mysterious.
38. Come up with a life mantra.
39. Get good at something.
40. Work out those abs.
41. Keep your brain sharp
42. Read something inspirational right before bed and after waking.
43. Do what you love.
44. Choose your friends wisely.
45. Don’t burn bridgets.
46. Keep a journal/diary.
47. Read “New Psycho-Cybernetics” by Dr. Maxwell Maltz.
48. Learn to use and trust your subconscious/intuition
49. Develop a charismatic personality.
50. Love is all there is
I really wish I would’ve went to this ice cream shop while I still lived in Ohio. I used to go to Columbus all of the time! Man….I really missed out lol. It's such an amazing company with a such a great product! Perhaps when I come home for a visit I’ll take an hour or so out of my day to swing on over to cbus to try this wonderfully wonderful delight!
In terms of the whole - me starting my own business within the next 15 years - this ice cream shop and everything Jeni is doing/has accomplished is truly truly inspiring.
JENI’S SPLENDID ICE CREAM – COLUMBUS OHIO
"Jeni Britton Bauer became inspired to make artisan ice creams while working at a French patisserie. Drawing on the practices of a traditional pastry kitchen, Jeni created her own techniques to make American ice creams that are less sweet and more flavorful.
[[Today's kitchen gadget]]
(1) TEA SWIZZLE
(2) UNZIPPED GLASS BOWL
(3) MUSTACHE MUGS
(1) MARCH 1ST IS NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY - SO IHOP GIVING AWAY FREE PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"IHOPs are hawking free short stacks tomorrow (Tuesday, March 1) from 7 A.M.-10 P.M. in honor of National Pancake Day. Pancake Day is technically in reference to Shrove Tuesday, the British version of Mardi Gras—though this marketing gimmick takes place a week before Fat Tuesday on March 8 (but whatever, free pancakes).The short stacks are complimentary, but if you want to donate to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals for your free pancakes, they would really appreciate that. Conveniently, IHOP has a restaurant locator to help find a participating location near you."
(2) TOAST IS BURNING
Toast craze in NYC???? I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with that lol. I'm moving to NYC to get me a piece of the toast action.
"You may not have even noticed, but we are in the middle of a toast craze. We’re not talking about the sumptuous slabs abutting your scrambled eggs, but the sudden plethora of grilled, griddled, or oven-toasted slices exquisitely topped and sent out as ritzy bar snacks, elegant appetizers, or elaborate knife-and-fork affairs at some of the buzziest new restaurants in town.
Bruschetta and crostini are nothing new, true—and browned-bread pioneers like ’ino and Blue Ribbon Bakery Market have been toasting away for years—but New York has officially reached carbo-critical mass. We’ve got toast menus, toast bars, and toasts of the day. Locavore toasts, Danish toasts, and Texas toast. Today’s toasts aren’t mere repurposings of leftover loaves. They’re scene-stealing conduits for inventive toppings, miniature works of art that turn top-notch bread into blank canvases for inventive chefs.
At ABC Kitchen, toast ninja Dan Kluger carves through fifteen loaves of rustic sourdough a day. The new uptown pub Jones Wood Foundry honors the grand British toasting tradition with Marmite and crumpets. And for a bit of theater, you can watch your bread cook in “see-through” toasters at David Burke Kitchen’s Treehouse Bar, where jars of toppings come on the side. (We like to think of the woman who greets you there, and sees to your toast, as no mere hostess, but a toastess.) Toast might not be the new sandwich— yet—but it’s at least halfway there."
(3) RISING FOOD PRICES PUT A DAMPER ON CRUISE SHIP DINING
(1) 50 PEOPLE, 1 QUESTION
(2) SIDE WALK CHALK GUY
(3) SUPER SPRAYER
This is so amazing.
(4) THE "LOST IN SOFA" SOFA
Equally funny and insightful. I quite like this fellow.
(6) URBAN COMOUFLAGE BY LIU BOLIN
(7) CARVED CANDLES
I’ve ALWAYS wondered how these things were made!!
SO. FREAKING. COOL.
(No person should get this excited over carved candles lol.)
(1) AWESOME MILK TRICK!
Right after I watched this video – I went to my kitchen and tried it out.
And the results were so cool!!!
Hahahaha. I LOVE the Panda Cheese commercials.
(3) COOKIE MONSTER INVADES KEEBLER
I love my friends. They always send me really cool food related things in the mail that they know I'll love– such as this video Kim sent me……